SHREWSBURY TOWN COUNCIL
To All Councillors
You are hereby summoned to attend the meeting of the Town Council’s Planning Committee scheduled to take place on Monday 24 May 2021 at 6.00pm via Microsoft Teams in order to transact the following business.
Please note this is an informal virtual meeting of the Committee convened to assist the Town Clerk with carrying out the delegated powers granted to her by Full Council on 22 March 2021 & Finance & General Purpose Committee on 12 April 2021.
Meeting Agenda Items
1APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
2DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CODE OF CONDUCT
3SHREWSBURY NORTH WEST RELIEF ROAD SCHEME
a) The proposal for the North West Relief Road scheme (21/00924/EIA). The scheme comprises:
- Construction of 6.9km single carriageway (7.3m wide) road
- Severance of local roads and footpaths
- Provision of combined footway/cycleway
- Erection of three bridged structures over carriageway
- Diversion of existing bridleway/footpath via an underpass
- Climbing lane on westbound approach
- 670m long viaduct; bridge over railway
- Two flood storage areas; provision of two new roundabout junctions and improvements to two existing roundabouts
- Associated traffic calming measures, landscaping and drainage schemes
b) In accordance with the Town Council’s Standing Orders, a motion proposed by Councillor Alan Mosley as follows: That this Council is strongly opposed to the creation of the North West Relief Road and hence objects to the current planning application. Furthermore we pledge to do all in our power to oppose any further associated developments.
A rationale for any decisions made in order for the Deputy Town Clerk to prepare a draft response on behalf of the Town Council.