What is the Key Play Scheme?
It’s simple! Pay a small annual fee (£60) to gain access to sports facilities not normally available during the daytime periods.
The Key Play Scheme has been introduced for the benefit of Shrewsbury residents. The scheme is designed to enable access (via key code) to sporting facilities at locations that are not normally manned or available for public use during all or certain time periods.
The facilities and locations included in the scheme are:
- Monkmoor Rec (SY2 5BN) – three tarmac tennis courts – Open from Apr 2021 – 27th Mar 2022, Mon – Sun 10am to dusk
- Silks Meadow (Frankwell) – two grass tennis courts and one crown green – Open from Apr – Sep (inc), Mon – Sun 10am to dusk (Bowling green unavailable match evenings)
- Saint Michaels Rec (SY1 2HA) – one grass tennis court – Open from Apr – Sep (inc), Mon – Sun 10am to dusk (Bowling green unavailable match evenings)
- All Saints (SY1 2JX) – two grass tennis courts and two crown greens – Open from Apr – Sep (inc), Mon – Sun 10am to dusk
Terms & Conditions of the Scheme:
- The Scheme is only available to residents within the wards of Shrewsbury Town Council.
- The pass is renewable on a seasonal basis.
- The pass is non-transferable and is for the holders use only, together with a maximum of three guests per visit.
- The pass holder must be in attendance at each visit.
- Misuse of the pass or breach of the Council’s by-laws or regulations will lead to the immediate withdrawal of the pass.
- There is no restriction to the frequency of use but playing time should be restricted to one hour per visit if others are waiting.
- Please lock the gate at the end of the session.
- Neither reservation nor priority booking is available.
- There is only fixed equipment provided at each location listed.
- Persons under 16 years of age must have parental consent to apply for inclusion in the scheme.
The scheme is administered by Mike Cox, Outdoor Recreation & Asset Manager, Shrewsbury Town Council, Riggs Hall, The Library, Castle Gates, Shrewsbury, SY1 2AS. Telephone: 01743 257659/281010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I join the Key Play Scheme?
You will need to complete and return the application form (available below) and arrange for the fee (£60) to be paid via BACS (Sort Code: 55-50-05 Account no. 55707513). Once we have received your payment, a membership pass together with the combination code for the tennis courts will be issued.
If you would prefer to pay by cheque, please submit the below form and forward your cheque (payable to Shrewsbury Town Council), to Shrewsbury Town Council, Riggs Hall, The Library, Castle Gates, Shrewsbury SY1 2AS. The membership pass and combination code will be forwarded to you.