SHREWSBURY TOWN COUNCIL
To Members of the Planning Committee
Councillors: N Green (Chairman), R Dartnall, M Davies, K Halliday, C Lemon, P Moseley, D Vasmer and B Wall
Cc All other members of the Council for information
You are hereby summoned to attend the meeting of the Town Council’s Planning Committee scheduled to take place on Tuesday 25 May 2021 at 6.00pm via Microsoft Teams in order to transact the following business.
Please note this is an informal virtual meeting of the Committee convened to assist the Town Clerk with carrying out the delegated powers granted to her by Full Council on 22 March 2021 & Finance & General Purpose Committee on 12 April 2021.
Meeting Agenda Items
1APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
2DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CODE OF CONDUCT
3CHAIRMAN AND DEPUTY CHAIRMAN
To confirm the appointment of the Chairman and Deputy Chairman of Planning Committee.
4TERMS OF REFERENCE
To note the Terms of Reference for Planning Committee.
5MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
5.1 To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 27 April 2021.
5.2 To record the Executive Decisions made on 4th May 2021, ratified by Full Council on 17th May 2021.
6.1 – THE SHROPSHIRE COUNCIL (OFF-STREET PARKING PLACES) ORDER 2011 (AMENDMENT NO. 1) ORDER 2021. This is for members to note that the following order came into effect on 19 May 2021:
Full-time permit-only parking in the following car parks in Shrewsbury:
- The Shirehall Staff and Visitor car park, Abbey Foregate
- The Shirehall Staff and Visitor overflow car park on London Road.
6.2 – Land to the South of Meole Brace Retail Park:
a) To provide an update on this proposal
7LAND WITHIN THE SHREWSBURY SOUTH SUSTAINABLE URBAN EXTENSION
To consider comments in relation to proposals to divert from the Shrewsbury South SUE Masterplan.
8LOCAL BUS SERVICE TENDERS 21/22
To provide any comments regarding the re-tendering of local bus service contracts subsidised by Shropshire Council.
9TREE PRESERVATION ORDERS
To consider any Tree Preservation Orders received from Shropshire Council prior to the meeting.
To consider the following Highways Orders received from Shropshire Council prior to the meeting:
10.1 – 21/05142/NEWNUM – Shropshire Council Street Naming & Numbering – E J Holyoake, Heathgates Works, 67A Ditherington Road, Shrewsbury.
11PREMISES LICENCE APPLICATIONS
To consider any Premises Licence Applications received from Shropshire Council prior to the meeting.
12.1 To consider submitting comments and/or objections on the following applications for planning consent contained in the following schedules: List of valid applications registered between 24 April – 14 May 2021
12.2 Schedule of Planning Decisions: To receive details of any decisions made by Shropshire Council which conflict with Shrewsbury Town Council’s comments taken between 24 April – 14 May 2021
12.3 Certificates of Lawful Development – for information/noting only:
- 21/02298/CPL – Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for the proposed conversion of existing garage on to habitable room and replacement of existing garage doors with windows – 5 Keevil Close, Shrewsbury
- 21/02029/CPL – Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for the proposed loft conversion including dormer window on rear elevation – 36 Meole Crescent, Shrewsbury
- 21/01964/CPL – Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for the proposed erection of a single storey side extension following demolition of existing garage – 22 Hill Crescent, Shrewsbury
- 21/02430/CPL – Application for a lawful Development Certificate for the proposed erection of a single storey side and rear extension – 1 Cartland Avenue, Shrewsbury