'Get Schools Blooming' Educational Resource
What's it all about?
The Shrewsbury in Bloom campaign to 'Get Schools Blooming' aims to encourage and support local primary schools to create and actively use a school garden.
Whether your school is just starting out, or looking to develop an established garden, our benchmark criteria will point you in the right direction.
You will also be able to work through criteria to become a Shrewsbury in Bloom accredited school* each year and compete against other schools to win a grand prize.
* Please note that only Shrewsbury Primary Schools can apply and only one registration per school is permitted.
Why get involved?
- Free starter pack following registration
- Rewards and certificates for your progress based on the benchmark criteria
- Access to useful information and advice that will help you use your school's garden to greater effect
- Sense of community pride and involvement by becoming an accredited Shrewsbury in Bloom School
- Cross-curricular, covers; Literacy (diaries and field notes), Numeracy (handling data), Geography, Healthy Eating (plants as food), Art & Design (drawing, photography), Music (listening to sounds in the environment while on a Learning Trail) Citizenship, PSHE and Caring for the Environment.
For more information, or to register go to www.shrewsburyinbloom.co.uk